The maker is trying create a multi-format modular planner application (for PC and Mac) that takes the best things of already existing (online and offline) rack-planners, like the DougCL Rackplanner , the Eurorack Database and http://www.modularplanner.co.uk/ ,with many added features of his own.
The feature list so far (with a LONG way to go) is....
- Browse a 'modules' subfolder to pick a module to add.
- Preview the module's "drop zone" (see green in image above).
- Check it's not being dropped on top of another module (override will be available)
- Pick up and move a module to a new unoccupied location
- Define a rack structure (width, rows, columns, scaling)
- Track HP usage
- Save & load standard Rack Planner files
Video: RichyHo's Rack Planner - Video #2
" Best watched in full screen, HD. A better quality video demonstrating the main features of my current development project - RichyHo's Rack Planner. Now at version 1.13 (not available for a while yet!) it's a modular synthesizer rack layout planner and patch notation system. Comments welcome. Thanks for watching."
It looks like a very interesting project, and i can't wait until it is available for us to try out.
The planning is that it will be released late this summer...Richard's progress can be followed via his blog at http://horsmanprojects.blogspot.nl/
Loads of info and pictures are available on the Muffwiggler thread: