Saturday, June 08, 2013

SiteTip: A Patch A Day by Hamilton Ulmer

I have been following Hamilton Ulmer's 'A Patch a Day' project from the very beginning, and he completed the first full month of his eurorack/video-project this week.

On his YouTube page, he writes:
" I am not new to music, but I am new to modular synthesis. So I am creating one simple patch a day in order to get used to my small system.

I will do approximately 365 patches over the next year. Over that course of time I will likely add modules, change my setup, and explore various rabbit holes.

A few questions arise from these constraints. First, can I manage to create compelling sounds on a small system without investing a hell of a lot more money? Second, can I consistently produce something even moderately worthwhile every day?"

Videos: A Patch A Day by Hamilton Ulmer (Full Playlist)


Very interesting sounds and a great idea for a project, I'm looking forward to the next 11 months... ;-)

Site: http://hamiltonulmer.com/patch/
You can also find him on Twitter, Facebook, and Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment